Both of them have a meaning: learning again. But how many differences between these two words?
We just talk about the meanings of words as verbs.
- To prepare for an exam by looking again at work that you have done.
- To change sth, such as a book or an estimate, in order to correct or improve it
- To change your opinions or plans, for example because of sth you have learned
- a report on a subject or on a series of events
- a lesson in which you look again at sth you have studied, especially in order to prepare for an exam
- an examination of sth, with the intention of changing it if necessary
- a report in a newspaper or magazine, or on the Internet, television or radio, in which sb gives their opinion of a book, play, film/movie, etc.; the act of writing this kind of report
Their meanings seem to be the same. But they appear in different people.
“revise” is often used by people who use British English
“review” is used by American.